I started training in April 2009 to compete in my first fitness competition. I competed in Fitness America in Vegas, November 19-21st and the AZ NPC Western Regional November 28th. It was a fantastic, and cheesy as it may sound, life changing experience. My favorite part about all of it was meeting so many amazing & inspiring people. I learned so much about myself, and became a strong person, not just physically, but psychologically & emotionally as well.
If you’re interested in competing, and have any questions about my experience, I’m always happy to help in any way I can (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RESULTS & RECAP
NPC Western Regional – November 28, 2009
1st Place Fitness
1st Place Figure (class C)
Fitness America (November 20-21, 2009)
21st Place Fitness
6th Figure (short class)
Competition Prep Progress for 2009 Season:
- 6 weeks out: 121lbs, 10.4% body fat, carb-cycling (3 low, 1 med), strength still up, slightly fatigued
- 5 weeks out: 120.5lbs, 9.6% body fat, carb-cycling (3 low, 1 med), Fitted for suit!
- 4 weeks out: 120lbs, 9% body fat, carb-cycling changed for upcoming week to 2 low, 1 med, definitely feeling a different level of fatigue all week, routine practice going great
- 3 weeks out: 118.5lbs, ~8.5% body fat, energy level is great, body feeling a little weaker
- 2 weeks out: 117lbs, 8% body fat, energy level ok, body is ahh feelin a bit tired
- Fitness America Show week: 116.5lbs, 7.64% body fat, energy good, super excited
- AZ NPC Show week: 113.75lbs, ~7.5% body fat, energy pretty good, excited to get back out there!
Here’s a video of me being the “workout model” for a Health TV News Piece.. warning, I look a little creepy, hair was a bit tight & too much eyeliner, haha, first time on TV like this, what can I say
MY SHOWS TO DATE